Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Tale of Two Addisons



It has been just about a year since we first met Nicole and Addison Derr.  We all went to try out the Peace Baby Yoga class at Child Light Yoga. Not only did we choose the same name for our sweet daughters, but Nicole quickly recognized the GroVia peeking out of my little Addison’s bloomers….she had also purchased a stash of the same cloth diapers for her Addison, but she didn’t quite fit into them yet.  At that point I knew we were destined to be friends!!  It was a little more than just purchasing the same outfit, and choosing the same name…. I knew that our philosophies would be similar. Nicole found me on Facebook (seriously, thank goodness for Facebook!!!).  Since our initial meeting, the moms have realized we share more than just our taste in baby names.  We love IKEA, running, fashion, coffee (a little too much), and aspire to live a green and simple life!  The “Addisons,” who are three months apart in age, don’t really share anything….just kidding.  We are lucky enough that we see Addison Derr (to be called "Addie" from here on out!) quite often, even without her mama once a week.  It has been amazing to watch both Addisons grow and develop over the last several months.  Their personalities are refreshingly different, despite their mamas similarities!  Since the other Addison is a little bit smaller than mine, we are always swapping clothes….she lets us borrow consignment store finds that are a little too big and we are happy to let her get use out of our hand-me-downs.

 Here they are last June!!!











Swinging away....they like to check each other out!
Last summer--I bought the wagon with them in mind!












 Earlier this week, checking out the fishes
 and lobster at the Seacoast Science Center!


















We have been able to experience many milestones in that year!  My Addison was just beginning to “tri-pod” sit on that first meeting…now both girls are walking, talking, and giggling…A LOT.  I will share a few videos to demonstrate my point; I hope others enjoy these little ones laughing together as much as I do.   I have NO IDEA where my Addison gets her laughter ;)






I look forward to many more adventures with these awesome girls--despite the confusion their identical names sometimes brings!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Way to make me cry! They really have been friends for most of their lives... they were so little! You are an awesome historian... SO grateful that you are capturing this friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love GroVia too! They are my favorite AIOs.

    ReplyDelete